Our eco-friendly claw clips are supplied by Machete Jewelry, an ethical company based out of USA. This clip is made out of non-petroleum based cellulose acetate rather than plastic. The metal hinge of the clip is hand screwed and made from recycled brass.
Machete source all of their cellulose acetate from Mazzucchelli which is an Italian manufacturing company which produce all products under the strictest guidelines to minimise wastage or any environmental impact.
We believe in 100% transparency at The Bare Style Co, keep reading for information of all benefits and any environmental impacts this material may have.
Impacts of this product to consider:
- Cellulose Acetate is a natural and biodegradable alternative to plastic
- All metals used are recycled brass
- Eco-conscious supplier
- Transparent supply chain
- Ethical manufacturer
- These items are produced in medium-large sized batches
- Cellulose Acetate does cause a higher carbon output to produce than some other natural products such as bamboo
- Mazzucchelli uses plasticisers from a plant origin in their manufacturing process rather than petroleum based products.